- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Parent and Carer Events
- Home Learning Activities
- Engagement and Participation Activities for Sensory Learners
- Activities to develop skills and knowledge for pre-NC learners
- Activities for children working at lower NC levels and advice for parents/carers
- Information for Parents & Carers about Autism Support in Enfield
- Support for Siblings
- Recommended Websites
- A Parent & Carers Guide to finding a school for your child with autism
- What to do if you think your child might have Autism
- Supporting Children with Autism During Transitions
- Strategies for Giving Instructions to Able Secondary Aged Pupils with Autism
- Choosing a Secondary School for your Child with Autism
- Choosing a College or University for a Young Person with Autism
- Recommended Reading for Staff Working in Educational Settings
- Previous EASA Educational Newsletters
- Previous EASA Parent Newsletters
- Family Fund
In line with Government advice, EASA is suspending all face-to-face group events (e.g. training, workshops, drop-ins and coffee mornings) at the current time. We are continuing to offer telephone and email support for school staff and parents. We can also support staff and parents by video link. We are working together with colleagues in Special Schools and the Local Authority to plan support and provision for autistic children and young people, their families and those working with them during this period of national school closures. We are developing Home Learning resources which you can access in the Useful Links and Resources section of this website. Please check this website regularly as information may change. Please call or email for details.
Support Services for Parents - Useful Contacts
The Samaritans – Open 24/7
Tel: 116 123
Live Chat Online: https://webchat.samaritans.org/
Anxiety UK – Open Monday - Friday 9.30am - 5.30pm
Tel: 03444 775 774
Text: 07537 416 905
Live Chat Online - https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/get-help/live-chat/
CALM – Open 5pm-Midnight
Tel: 0800 58 58 58
Web Chat Online - https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/webchat/
PAPYRUS – Open 9am-Midnight
Tel: 0800 068 41 41
Text: 07860 039 967
Useful Information and Websites
NHS & NHS 111 website
Healthwatch Enfield & Latest E-Newsletter
Click the link below to view the latest issue of the Healthwatch Enfield E-Newsletter.
National Autistic Society
Autism Education Trust
Music Therapy Tree
Support for self isolation and accessible musical resources for children.
Click the link below to view their lockdown video of The Beatles’ Hey Jude sung by their inclusive Sing Out Choir for adults with learning disabilities and autism!
Please see our parents newsletter for more online resources for children.
Please click here for information about organisations that offer support for siblings during this time.
Social Stories & Other Resources
Mindful Moments Cards and Back to School Tips for Parents and Carers produced by Dr Tina Rae for Evidence for Learning
Carol Gray Social Stories
School Closure Social Story produced by Stephanie Evans from Learning with Words
A story for going back to school created by Rebecca Duffus from The Autism Service, Cognus Limited
Click the link below and scroll down to resources to view more information about transitioning autistic children back to school.
Social story booklets about wearing masks and seeing other people wearing masks created by Tara Tuchel from Autism Little Learners
Click the link below for more resources, social stories and information from the Autism Little Learners website.
Active Server Pageserror 'ASP 0126'
Include file not found
/inc/PDFviewer/sub_PDF_viewer.asp, line 2
The include file '/inc/check_mobile.asp' was not found.