- Every Parent And Child Sensory Processing Disorder Workshop
- Parent Support and Training
- Cygnet Parent Information Sessions About Autism
- The National Autistic Society EarlyBird Programme
- The National Autistic Society EarlyBird Course Dates
- Ideas and Tips for Parents
- Recommended Reading for Parents
- 'Autism Education Trust Parent Guide'
EarlyBird Session 7 'Managing Behaviour & Celebration' @ RHS Parents Room
MAPS Session 1 'What Is Autism' @ Cheviots
Parent Support Advisor Toileting Workshop @ Carterhatch Community Centre, EN1 4JY
MAPS Session 2 'Strategies To Use At Home' @ Cheviots
- More diary dates
- Calendar view
The National Autistic Society EarlyBird Programme
NAS EarlyBird® is a programme which the service offers under the licence of NAS to parents of children with a diagnosis of autism under the age of 5 living in Enfield.
The programme aims to help you:
- understand your child's autism
- develop interaction and communication with your child
- understand and manage your child’s behaviour.
We work with six families at a time. Two places are allocated to each family. The programme lasts for three months and combines group training sessions with individual home visits.
There are 8 group sessions when parents from around 6 families meet together (Venue to be confirmed). These sessions will last from 9:45am until 12:15pm on the same day each week. They are only for parents and include teaching, viewing video clips, group work and discussions. You will also be given practical activities to try with your child at home.
Home visits will be carried out by an EarlyBird® presenter, who will contact you to arrange a time when you are at home with your child. Visits usually last for about one hour.
During the pre-programme visit you will be videoed playing with your child for a short time. The video will be used in session 1 to introduce your child to the other parents in the group.
There are 3 further visits during the programme. During these visits your EarlyBird® visitor will help you to evaluate your progress with your child. The visitor will also film you for about 5 minutes doing an activity with your child. The video will be shared with the group during the next session.
The course is course free but you would need to purchase the EarlyBird® Parent Book at the first session. This is book is used throughout the programme and currently costs £20.
What to do if you are interested in taking part in the programme
If you think that you would like a place on the programme please send an email to email@example.com including:
- your name, address and contact telephone number
- your child’s name and date of birth
You will then be invited to the next information meeting where you can apply for a place on the programme.