Parents and Carers can complete the Cygnet Parent Programme Application Form to book onto the Cygnet Parent Information Sessions if you are the parent/carer of a child/young person aged between 6 to 18 years of age with a confirmed diagnosis of autism still in education.
Cygnet includes 5 core weekly information sessions, and 1 or 2 additional sessions where you can find out more about Autism and learn about strategies to support your child or young person.
These sessions are run by Educational Psychologists and Parent Support Advisors from Enfield Advisory Service for Autism in a supportive and confidential group.
- A referral form must be completed to access Cygnet
- Places on Cygnet will be confirmed with a letter to parents
- Parents must be committed to attend & arrive on time
- There are limited places on Cygnet and participants are asked to be able to attend, at least in principle, 3 of the 5 core sessions, and to come to at least one of the first two
- Parents can bring interpreters, relatives & school staff e.g. TA/Teacher (let us know in advance).
- Unfortunately parents cannot bring children.
- Core sessions (1-5) must be attended before additional sessions on Sibling Support or on Puberty, Sexual Wellbeing and Relationships
- Parents who have attended Early Birds/Early Birds Plus can refer for the additional sessions on Puberty Sexual Wellbeing & Relationships. Parents who have attended MAPS or the above courses can refer for the additional Supporting Sibling session.
Please click here to access the Application Form and once completed please send your form via email to email@example.com. A Cygnet referral form must be completed to access the programme.
Click here to be directed to the Parent Support and Training page for further details about this programme.
For more information or to book a place please call 0208 353 4186